Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Compatible Ebook Collections
ACLS Humanities Ebooks
Files can be converted to text or pdf, but only a few pages at a time.
EBSCO Academic Collection
Although these books need to be checked out, more than one person at a time can access, view and checkout these titles.
EBSCO ebook Collection
EBSCO ebooks can be checked out, downloaded and transferred to your Sony Reader since the Sony Reader is supported by Adobe Digital Editions.
Deleting Unwanted Ebooks
- Attach your Reader to your computer
- Go to your Reader drive
- Open the Documents folder
- Highlight the document to be deleted
- Hit delete
Transferring Files to the Sony Reader
The Sony Reader can be used with Springer and ACLS ebooks since these books are in pdf format. It cannot be used with ebrary titles because it doesn't have a web interface.
- Download your ebook chapter to your computer.
- Connect your Reader to the computer using the USB cable
- Open Computer (Windows 7) or My Computer
- Double click on your Reader file so that the database, Documents and tmp folders appear
- Find where you saved your ebook file and highlight the title
- Drag and drop it into your Reader's Documents folder
Opening Transferred Files
Because you've saved your book chapter to Documents folder, it will show up on the Sony Reader Menu Screen. Books on the Reader can be sorted by title, author and date. I recommend sorting by date for the quickest access to your new download. Then just scroll to the title and open it.