Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Compatible Ebook Collections
All Marx Library owned ebook collections can be read with the Nook Color and the Nook Tablet as they have browsers that can access our databases and are supported by Adobe Digital Editions. For downloading, these collections will work:
ProQuest Ebook Central This link opens in a new window
ebrary titles are compatible with the Nook Color either through the web interface or by downloading a book and transferring it to the Nook.
EBSCO Academic Collection
Although these books need to be checked out, more than one person at a time can access, view and checkout these titles.
EBSCO eBook Collection
The entire book can be checked out and downloaded to your ereader.
Deleting Unwanted Ebooks
- Attach your Nook to your computer
- Go to your Nook drive
- Open the My Files or My Documents folder
- Double click on the Book folder
- Find the folder for the book you want to delete (it's probably called Unknown) and highlight the book
- Hit delete
Transferring Files to the Nook
- Connect your Nook to your computer.
- Transfer files to your My Files folder (for the older Nook, transfer the files to My Documents)
The Nook Color does not have a well-integrated pdf reader; you can read the files, but navigating the pages is extremely clunky. The older Nook does a much better job of allowing you to read and navigate between pages. I've not seen the Nook Tablet yet to know whether the pdf reader is better. If you have a Nook Color and the file you download is pdf, you can do one of two things:
- Go to the Nook App store and pay $1.99 for ezPDF Reader, which will make reading pdfs on the Nook a much better experience.
- Use the free open source Calibre software to convert your pdfs to EPUB: http://calibre-ebook.com/
Opening Transferred Files