Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Your login name for Marx Library and Biomedical Library databases is your J Number and your password is the same as your JagMail password.
The login screen for library databases, electronic journals, and ebooks will appear once you have clicked on the link to that resource. This is the only login screen you should get:
Login Name Problems
If you get a message that your login name or password is incorrect, verify that your CAPS LOCK key is off and that you are including the initial J00 of your J Number. Then check the following:
- Make sure you are using your J Number as your username, not the former method of logging in to library databases.
- Make sure you are using the password associated with your University email address, JagMail.
- You must be a currently enrolled student, faculty or staff member. Our licenses with database vendors restrict access to those currently affiliated with the university.
- Alumni and Courtesy Card holders are not entitled to access our online databases remotely because this violates our licenses with database vendors who do not allow us to sell access to their products.
If you are returning after being out for any length of time, our system considers you to be a new student and our patron file may not have been updated to include you yet. Contact Kathy Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-460-7938
Problems with Password
- Your password needs to be the password you use with your University assigned email address.
- If you are using your J Number as your password, that method will no longer work -- use your email password.
If you need to reset your JagMail password, you can do so at http://www.southalabama.edu/services/jagnet/index.html