Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Naxos is a streaming music service available to USA faculty, staff and students. It currently has:
- 144,056 discs
- 2,231,146 tracks
Resources Available Within Naxos
- Composer biographies and discographies
- Artist biographies and discographies
- Study areas
- Guided tours of musical eras
- Resources (including audiobook transcriptions, dictionary, graded music exam playlists, opera libretti and synopses, pronunciation guide, and work analyses.
Registering and Logging in to Naxos
Registering and Logging In to Naxos
To create a playlist in Naxos, you must first register for a student account. To do that:
- Choose Playlists from beneath the search bar.
- In the grey area, Student/Member Playlists, choose Sign Up
- When you receive an email from Naxos, click on the Activate Naxos Music Library Playlist Login Now link.
- Go back to Naxos and choose Log In from the Student/Member Playlists area.
- You will now see a folder that has Your Name Playlists.
The Naxos basic search is simple; enter keywords, titles of albums or works, composer or artist names, labels, or other information.
The advanced search is where you can focus your search and limit by various categories such as label, year composed, genre, country, and period.
Mobile apps are available from
- Apple's App Store
- Google Play
You will need to sign up for a Student Playlist account, and then click on the activation link in the email you will receive after registering. Your login to the app will then be the email and password you chose when you registered.
To create playlists:
- Search for the music you are interested in.
- Select the track or tracks you want; you can add multiple tracks to a playlist.
- Click on the Add to Playlist button beneath the album cover.
You will get the option to either add to a current playlist or to create a new one.
Once you've added the information you want, click on Add to Playlist.