Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Streaming Media at the Marx Library
The preferred format for media at the Marx Library is streaming for the following reasons:
- Wider accessibility to patrons; there is no need to come to the library to check out a physical format.
- Access is not limited to one user at a time.
- Public performance rights are included in the cost of the video.
Because a format is preferred, however, does not mean the library will not purchase video in a physical format if needed, so if you can't find a title in our streaming collections, make sure to check SOUTHcat to find out if we have the DVD.
If we don't have the title you are looking for, you can fill out a Materials Purchase Request form. The library will purchase the video based on funding availability and on the following criteria:
- The title supports a specific USA course or courses, or
- the requested video will be used for academic or research purposes; or
- the title will be used by recognized USA organizations for USA-sponsored events.
Disney's A Christmas Carol
For your holiday viewing, try Jim Carrey's version of Dicken's A Christmas Carol.
For holiday viewing, try the Royal Opera House's production of the classic ballet.
Check out this documentary on Bryan Stevenson, author of the 2018-2018 USA Common Read book, Just Mercy.