Hi! Welcome to the Marx Library's LibGuide for First Year Experience courses.
On this page, there are five different exercises:
1) The Instagram #LibraryGrind Tour
2) X Marx the Spot Map Challenge
3) Advanced Google Searching
4) Web Evaluation
5) Popular vs. Scholarly Sources
6) Wait, Wait Don't Google: Getting Started with Library Research
The first two are intended to orient you to Marx Library, the second pair are meant as tips to improve conducting research on the open web, and the final video walks you through the 5 criteria for determining whether a source is scholarly or popular (something you'll need to know to do college-level research). You may not be required to complete all these assignments, so please ask your professor which exercises to complete when.
If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to get in touch! You can find my contact info below. Welcome to USA!