Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books of Interest
Cite Right by
Call Number: PN 171 .F56 L55 2011, Univ. Library Ready Reference (Non-Circ, 2nd FL North)
Publication Date: 2011-05-15
Communicating in Science by
Call Number: Q 223 .B664 1995, University Library Bookstacks
Publication Date: 1993-03-25
English for Careers by
Call Number: PE 1115 .S62 2006, University Library Bookstacks
Publication Date: 2005-03-03
Listen. Write. Present by
Call Number: On Order, University Library Bookstacks
Publication Date: 2012-01-24
Writing Skills for Social Workers by
Call Number: HV 29.7 .H43 2007, University Lib Circulation Desk, Reserve (Reserve Room Use)
Publication Date: 2007-02-28
Copy also available in Marx Library Bookstacks
Successful Grant Writing by
Call Number: HV 41.2 .G58 2004, University Library Bookstacks
Publication Date: 2003-01-01
To find books and government documents in USA Libraries' collections, use SOUTHcat: USA Libraries' Catalog.
- Catalog tips and tricks:
- Keyword searches – use quotation marks to hold phrases together ("proposal writing")
- Truncation – use ? after the root of a word to find all its variants (rac? finds race, racial, races)
- Browse the Subject(s) field in records to find the right words for searches. (Example: Try doing a keyword search for resume?, then look at the subject(s) field in several records. You’ll see that the subject term could be Résumés (Employment)." Click the subject heading to find more records with this subject.)
- Revise and refine your searches. Combine words or phrases.
- Watch for repeating call numbers and browse stacks in that area.
- Pay attention to the Location and Status fields. You will need this information to locate the item in the library.
Suggested Search Terms
Subject - standard headings
- bibliographical citations
- business communication
- communicaton in medicine
- communication in science
- communication in social work
- communication of technical information
- technical writing
- english language business english
- english language technical english
- legal composition
- proposal writing for grants
- academic writing publishing
- "proposal writing"
- "report writing"
- writing and (precis or summar?)
- "academic writing"