University of South Alabama have resources to help you fit in and thrive on campus, but international students don't always realize these services are available and commonplace in the United States. Here are you should know about:
1. Office of International Services: A good first stop in your transition to college is Office of International Services. There, you'll likely find officials who know what you're going through and can help with things like visa and immigration issues, and can direct you to other on-campus resources for help in other areas.
Meisler Hall, Suite 2200,
390 Alumni Circle Mobile, AL 36688-0002
Phone: (251) 460-6050
2. The Writing Center: Writing is often a large component of the college education in the United States. If you're not comfortable writing in English, seek out the Writing Center for individual attention.
Academic Services Center 1390
111 Jaguar Drive, Mobile, AL 36688-0002
3. Career Services Center: Though foreign students on visas will not have all of the same work opportunities as their domestic peers, Career Cervices Center may be able to help you understand what options are available while you're in the United States.
390 Alumni Drive;
Meisler Hall 2100, Mobile, AL 36688-0002
Phone: (251) 460-6188
4. Student Center: By surrounding yourself with other students, it might be easier for you to make friends and get involved in activities outside of class at the Student Center.
350 Campus Drive
Mobile, AL 36688
5. Student Recreation Center (The Gym): Exercising makes you happier, healthier and significantly more focused. Most American colleges offer decent fitness facilities. If you wish to use decent fitness facilities the university offers, you should apply for admission of the Student Recreation Center.
51 Stadium Blvd
Mobile, AL 36688