1. Oral history interviews conducted with former university faculty. These include some transcripts. Other interviews are only available on cassette or audio tapes. Your students would either need a working tape recorder or the ability to pay for the tape(s) to be reformatted.
2. We have an entire run of the Vanguard as well as a briefly-lived alternative student newspaper called the Rearguard.
3. USA clippings files that date back to the founding of the university.
4. A manuscript by John Craig Stewart on the history of the first 13 years of the university.
5. The papers of the first president of the university.
6. The papers of the board of trustees.
7. The papers of Ernest Cleverdon, an early member of the board of trustees.
8. The Larry Holmes and Melton McLaurin papers (former faculty)