Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SOUTHcat: USA Libraries' Catalog
To find books, government documents, and media items in USA Libraries' collections, use SOUTHcat: USA Libraries' Catalog. SOUTHcat does not include journal articles.
- Catalog tips and tricks:
- Keyword searches – use quotation marks to hold phrases together ("higher education")
- Truncation – use ? after the root of a word to find all its variants (educat? finds educate, education, educational...)
- Browse the Subject(s) field in records to find the right words for searches. (Example: Try doing a keyword search for "higher education," then look at the subject(s) field in several records. You’ll see that the subject term is "Education, higher." Click the subject heading to find more records with this subject.)
- Revise and refine your searches.
- Watch for repeating call numbers and browse stacks in that area.
- Pay attention to the Location and Status fields. You will need this information to locate the item in the library.
JSTOR has both books and journals. To limit to books only, check the box next to Books under Narrow By, Item Type.
Project MUSE - Premium Collection
Project Muse contains both journals and ebooks. Perform your search, then limit to Books under Content Type.
ProQuest Ebook Central
A collection of over 70,000 electronic books covering all academic disciplines. Pages from ebrary titles can be printed by using the InfoTools button and choosing Print. You can choose to print the current page, a range of pages (with the maximum number of pages being 60) or an entire chapter.
Dictionaries, Handbooks & Encyclopedias