Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Fulltext of Patents Online
Click “Search by Subject or Topic," then look on the drop down under the "Legal" heading and choose “Patent Search.”
Non-U.S. Patents and Online Info
Ordering Copies of U.S. Patents
- Directly from the USPTO. Copies of patents are $3.00 each; plant patents in color are $15.00 each.
- Order by Web: Go to http://ebiz1.uspto.gov/oems25p/index.html. Free registration required.
- Order by Phone: 800-972-6382.
|Order by Mail:
||Mail Stop Document Services
||Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
||PO Box 1450
Alexandria, VA 22213-1450
- Patent Depository Libraries In Alabama:
- Auburn Draughon Library, phone 334-844-1737
- Birmingham Public Library, phone 205-226-3620.
- USA faculty, staff, and students may request copies of patents through Interlibrary Loans.
Commercial Vendors. To see a list of vendors go to https://www.piug.org/vendors/#Patent_Document_Delivery. Many of these also provide non-U.S. patents.