Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The following databases are useful for finding articles on women in different fields, but this list is not comprehensive. For a complete list of library databases, see Articles, Indexes and Databases. If you want to know if the library has a specific journal title, check Our Journal List.
Full-text access to 1,961 journals, 1997 to current. Also includes access to e-books
Not fulltext but links to fulltext subscriptions.
MEDLINE with Fulltext
Search for information on women in medicine.
Setting Google Scholar Preferences
Use Google Scholar through the Marx Library's web site in order to
access the University Libraries' full-text resources when you are not on campus.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Library's web site at http://library.southalabama.edu and
choose Internet Search Engines
- When you choose Google Scholar, you will be asked to login as you did for
- Once you get to Google Scholar, choose Scholar Preferences next to the
- In the Library Links box, type University of South Alabama
- You should get five choices: University of South Alabama (Full
Text@IngentaConnect), University of South Alabama - Full-Text@USA ; Alabama
Virtual Library - AONE Full Text@AVL , Open WorldCat (Library Search); and
University of South Alabama - USA eText
- Check the boxes in front of each one except Alabama Virtual Library - AONE
Full Text @ AVL and University of South Alabama - USA eText
- Click Save Preferences
You should now be able to connect to the full-text of subscribed University
Libraries' resources if they are part of the results of your search.