1. Go to mendeley.com to create an account. If you have trouble accessing your account, create a new one or contact Mendeley tech support using the email option at the bottom of the Mendeley support page.
2. Download Mendeley.
3. Add the Web Importer to your browser.
4. Search for an article in a database. Click the Save to Mendeley button to save a citation from a website.
5. You will be prompted to sign into your account if you are not already. Mendeley will try to find the bibliographic information from that website. Choose a folder and click Save.
5. While you are writing, use the Mendeley Cite-O-Matic under the references tab in Word to insert citations and a bibliography.
6. See the Mendeley Quick Start Guide for more information
This information has been modified from a Creative Commons LibGuide for MIT, available here.