To find books and government documents in USA Libraries' collections, use SOUTHcat: USA Libraries' Catalog.
- Catalog tips and tricks:
- Keyword searches – use quotation marks to hold phrases together ("middle east")
- Truncation – use ? after the root of a word to find all its variants (feminis? finds feminist, feminism, and feminists)
- Browse the Subject(s) field in records to find the right words for searches. (Example: Try doing a keyword search for islam feminis? , then look at the subject(s) field in several records. You’ll see that the subject term could be "Feminism --Islamic countries." or " Feminism --Religious aspects --Islam." Click the subject heading to find more records with this subject.)
- Revise and refine your searches. Combine words or phrases.
- Watch for repeating call numbers and browse stacks in that area.
- Pay attention to the Location and Status fields. You will need this information to locate the item in the library.