To find books and government documents in USA Libraries' collections, use SOUTHcat: USA Libraries' Catalog.
- Catalog tips and tricks:
- Keyword searches – use quotation marks to hold phrases together ("area studies")
- Truncation – use ? after the root of a word to find all its variants ("geograph?" finds geography, geographer)
- Browse the Subject(s) field in records to find the right words for searches.
- Revise and refine your searches.
- Watch for repeating call numbers and browse stacks in that area.
- Pay attention to the Location and Status fields. You will need this information to locate the item in the library