To find books and government documents in USA Libraries'
collections, use SOUTHcat:
USA Libraries' Catalog.
- Catalog tips and tricks:
- Keyword searches – use quotation marks to hold
phrases together ("remote sensing")
- Truncation – use ? after the root of a word to find all its
variants ("geolog?" finds geology, geologist)
- Browse the Subject(s) field in records to find the right words
- Revise and refine your searches.
- Watch for repeating call numbers and browse stacks in that area.
- Pay attention to the Location and Status fields. You will need
this information to locate the item in the library